1 recipe for gluten free steel cut oats
Unrefined organic coconut sugar to taste
Ground Cinnamon to taste
***Sugar-Free Vegan Icing:*** (recipe also on The Lean Clean Eating Machine)
2 Tbsp. Ener-G egg replacer + 4 Tbsp. warm water; whisked together thoroughly
3 cups sugar free powdered sugar (recipe below)
1.5 Tbsp. vegan cream cheese
1 tsp. lemon juice
***Sugar-Free Powdered Sugar:*** (recipe also on The Lean Clean Eating Machine)
3 cups Xylitol granulated sugar (such as XyloSweet Sugar Substitute)
6 tsp. arrowroot or cornstarch to prevent clumping
- Prepare your gluten free steel cut oats according to directions on the package. If you get them from the bin, it is typically a 1:3 ratio of oats to water (1 cup steel cut oats + 3 cups water).
- While your oats are cooking, prepare your icing.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine sifted powder sugar blend (3 cups xylitol + 6 tsp. arrowroot or cornstarch in high-speed blender until sugar is in powder form), vegan cream cheese, prepared Ener-G egg replacer and lemon juice.
- Using an electric mixer or wooden spoon, mix ingredients together until thick, adding in more of the powder sugar blend if it needs to be thicker.
- When your oats are ready, place oats into a bowl and top with unrefined coconut sugar and cinnamon to taste.
- If your icing is too thick to pour, melt it slightly (10 seconds) in the microwave and pour it on top of your oats to finish.
- Serve and enjoy!