Vegan, Gluten free
- 2 (15.5 oz.) cans Black beans, low sodium organic
- 1 Cilantro, Fresh organic
- 2/3 cup Corn, organic
- 2 Garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp Garlic powder
- 1 Lime, Organic wedges
- 2 Limes, Juice of
- 1/4 tsp Onion powder
- 1 Red onion, small
- 2 cups Veggie broth
- 2 cups Brown rice, organic
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 Optional cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp Pink salt
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 2/3 cup Water
Cooking Beans and Rice
- Cook the rice according to the package or your rice cooker.
- In a large saucepan, bring the broth, water, diced onion, minced garlic and seasonings to a simmer.
- Allow the onion to cook for 7-8 minutes before adding the beans.
- Once the bean have been added, turn the heat to low, cover and simmer for 5-10 min.
- Add the corn, and simmer for another 5 min. If needed, adjust seasonings to taste.
- Once the rice has fully cooked, squeeze in 2-3 limes and mix.
- Add 1 cup of cooked rice to your bowl. With a slotted spoon add about a cup of beans to your rice and mix.
- Serve with extra lime wedges, cilantro and a side of organic tortilla chips.
Original Recipe Source: WhereYouGetYourProtein.com
Here’s a few more recipes we found on WhereYouGetYourProtein.com that look pretty yummy: