Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Chill Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
1 medium avocado, ripe
10 oz dark chocolate chips
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Cut avocado and scoop out flesh. Mash until there are no more chunks using a fork, electric hand mixer or food processor.
2. Take 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and roughly chop into small bits. Set aside.
3. Melt the rest of the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl. The best way to do this without burning the chocolate is microwaving in 10 second intervals and then stirring, and repeat until completely melted.
4. Scoop avocado mixture into the bowl with melted chocolate and mix until well-blended. Stir in the chocolate chip bits and refrigerate the chocolate-avocado mixture for an hour.
5. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball using your palms. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
6. With the cocoa powder on a separate plate, roll the balls into the cocoa powder until completely covered.
Original Recipe Source: SpoonUniversity.com
Try one of these other fun food ideas from SpoonUniversity.com: