- Yields: 6 servings
- Calories: 267
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 1/2 chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups loosely packed chopped Romaine lettuce
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
Pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness.
Season the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon salt, chili powder, paprika, and cayenne.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add the oil. When shimmering, add the chicken to the pan and cook until it lifts easily with a spatula. Flip, and continue cooking until a thermometer inserted in the center reaches 165 degrees F. Remove from pan and set aside while you make the salad.
In a large bowl, toss together the lettuce, corn, tomatoes, onions, salsa, and cheese. Divide salad between 6 plates. Slice the chicken and add it to the salad.
Mash the avocado with the lime juice and remaining salt, and add to the salads with the sour cream.
Original Recipe Source: SkinnyMs.com
Craving something new to try? How about one of these other recipes from SkinnyMs.com: