That big bowl of rice and beans and tomatoes and cilantro and…..everything but the kitchen sink?! Not only is this fairly easy to throw together but you can also control the amount of calories and added fat which go into your bowl.
I found this recipe for 5 servings of this highly addictive mix of flavors. Not sure of what I did before finding this – it is THAT good.
You can always customize your bowl to better suit your palate. Add in some freshly chopped jalapenos or Thai chile peppers.
Come to think of it, if you have some left over chicken or steak in your fridge cut that up and serve it on top of a bed of brown rice with a cup of this and you’ll have yourself something fantastic!
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 Tbsp lime zest
- 3 Tbsp lime juice (about one lime)
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup orange, red, yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 cup frozen corn
- ½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients and stir well. Allow flavors to marinate for about 2 hours then serve and enjoy!
Recipe Source: EatYourselfSkinny.com
Why not try one of these 3 scrumptious recipes from EatYourselfSkinny as well: