Soup – it’s what’s for dinner…or lunch. Many of us own crock pots, but don’t use them nearly enough (with the exception of the Holiday season) when do you actually use it?
Time to change that!
This is a super flavorful EASY slow cooker meal to put together. It is light, fresh, and oh so good for you, too!
Slow Cooker Chicken and Green Chile Soup
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (16 oz) jar salsa verde (green salsa)
- 2 (4 oz) cans diced green chiles, undrained
- 2 (15 oz) cans cannellini beans (white beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 Tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 3 Tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- Add all ingredients into a 6 quart crock pot, except for the cilantro, cover and cook on low heat for about 5 hours or until chicken breasts are cooked through.
- Remove chicken, shred and stir back into the soup. Serve and enjoy!
Original Recipe Source: EatYourselfSkinny
Hungry for more recipes? Head over to EatYourselfSkinny.com and try one of these other recipes: