Looking for something to make that will use up some of your homegrown tomatoes? Does your local grocer have an amazing deal on cucumbers you just can’t pass up? Maybe you are just craving some sweet tomatoes and crunchy cucumbers with balsamic? YUM!
This is the perfect side dish for a BBQ or a healthy afternoon snack.
Classic Cucumber & Tomato Salad
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, slice in half lengthwise
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Kosher or sea salt to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh Dill
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, I used White Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey or pure maple syrup, optional
In a large salad bowl combine cucumbers, tomatoes and onion. Whisk together the remaining ingredients and pour over cucumber mix, toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Original Recipe Source: SkinnyMS
Tummy growling for some more healthy menu options? Visit SkinnyMs.com and check out these recipes: