Tacos are not just for Tuesday anymore! Switch up your plain Tacos and incorporate some new, fresh flavors your palate will thank you for.
Black Bean + Summer Squash Tacos With Nectarine Salsa
Ingredients for salsa
- 1 medium nectarine, diced
- ¼ a red onion, very finely diced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ a lime
- Sea salt
Ingredients for tacos
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 1 medium summer squash or zucchini, diced
- Salt and black pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Corn or sprouted tortillas
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 avocado, sliced
1. Combine diced nectarine, red onion, and chopped cilantro in a bowl. Spritz in a little lime juice and sprinkle with sea salt (to your desired taste) and stir to combine.
2. Heat avocado oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add summer squash and stir to coat in oil. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in salt, pepper, and cayenne, and cook for another minute, then remove from heat.
3. Heat corn tortillas in the oven or on a grill until slightly toasted and warmed through.
4. Top tortillas with black beans, cooked squash, nectarine salsa, and slices of avocado to serve. (Hot sauce is also encouraged.)