Image Source: Fit Foodie Finds
• 1 cup quinoa, rinsed and uncooked
• 1 cup yellow onion, minced
• 2 medium red peppers, chopped into bite-sized pieces
• 4 4oz chicken breasts, diced into bite-sized pieces
• ½ cup hoisen sauce (or gluten-free hoisen sauce)
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari (low sodium)
• ½ tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
• 1 cup water
• 1 cup cashews, roasted and slightly salted
• green onion for garnish
1. First, preheat oven to 375ºF and spray a casserole dish with coconut oil cooking spray.
2. Next, place 1 cup uncooked quinoa on the bottom of the casserole dish and layer on diced onion and red pepper on top. Place sliced chicken on top of veggies.
3. Prep sauce by mixing together hoisen sauce, minced garlic, soy sauce, fresh ginger, and 1 cup of water. I used a fork to whisk everything together.
4. Evenly pour sauce over chicken chicken breast.
5. Bake at 375º for 45 minutes, uncovered. Remove from oven and add 1 cup of cashews and bake for another 10 minutes.
6. Garnish with green onion.
More From Fit Foodie Finds: