It’s game day…but you want to keep your diet game on point. What’s a healthy eater to do?
Enter these Cauliflower Buffalo Bites. All the flavor of traditional buffalo wings…without all the fat & calories! Check out this awesome recipe from 12 Tomatoes and enjoy the game – while keeping YOUR game on point!
Cauliflower Buffalo Bites
• 6-7 cups fresh cauliflower florets
• 1/3 cup water
• 1/4 cup all-purpose flour (or rice flour, if making gluten-free)
• 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (or vegan alternative), melted
• 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
• kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
• 1/3 cup hot sauce (Frank’s Red, etc.)
1. Preheat oven to 450 F and lightly grease a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
2. Combine flour, water, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk together.
3. Dredge cauliflower completely in flour batter and gently shake off excess. Then transfer to baking sheet.
4. Place baking tray in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until batter sets. Flip florets over and cook for another 5. In a medium bowl, whisk together hot sauce and melted butter until smooth and combined.
6. Remove cauliflower from oven and brush hot sauce over all the florets, until coated thoroughly.
7. Return to oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until vegetables have absorbed sauce and are crispy enough to your liking.
8. Remove from oven and let cool 10-15 minutes before serving.
More Great Recipes from 12 Tomatoes: