When you’re looking for a dessert that will really stick to your ribs, but not your waistline, look no further. These Healthy Chocolate Brownies are the ticket! Nothing can compare to the glorious texture and taste of moist brownies smothered in a decadent chocolate ganache frosting.
There really isn’t anything bad about this recipe. The brownies always come out amazingly moist and the frosting is to die for.
I’ve made these brownies for my mom’s birthday almost every year and she absolutely loves it, as does everyone else. The best part? None of them even realize the recipe is healthy! Shhhhh…..
Source: Diet Taste
• ¾ cup (130 g) dark chocolate chips or chopped chocolate
• ⅓ cup oil (sunflower or coconut)
• 1 cup vegan or dairy Greek yogurt
• ½ cup dark brown sugar (Muscovado), packed
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• ¼ tsp salt
• ½ tsp baking soda
• ¾ cup oat flour (ground oat flakes)
For the ganache frosting:
• 2 oz (56 g) dark chocolate
• ¼ cup coconut milk
- Melt chocolate chips or chopped chocolate and coconut oil (if using). Mix with sunflower oil, Greek yogurt, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add salt, baking soda and oat flour. Mix until combined.
- Pour the mixture into 8×8 inch baking pan lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper and oiled. Bake at 350 F (175 C) for about 25-30 min, or 20-25 min in fan oven. When you insert a toothpick in the center of batter, it should come out clean. Let cool.
- FROSTING: Heat chocolate and coconut milk, stirring from time to time, until chocolate is melted. Pour over brownies.