Just like your favorite Chinese takeout fried rice, except healthy and guilt-free!
This cauliflower fried rice dish will trick your tastebuds in the best way possible.
Instead of going off the deep end in calorie-and-fat land, take 20 minutes out of your day to whip up this MUCH healthier version.
To save even more time, many stores have now started selling cauliflower pre-chopped into the “rice” form. (If you have a Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods nearby, they usually have some in stock fresh or frozen.)
We all need more veggies in our life, and this is a great, delicious way to get them in!
Source: Eat Yourself Skinny
• 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets (or 1 bag cauliflower “rice”)
• 1 small yellow onion, finely chopped
• ½ cup frozen peas
• ½ cup carrots, cubed
• 2 eggs, beaten
• 1 Tbsp sesame oil
• ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
• 1 Tbsp light brown sugar
• ⅛ tsp. ground ginger
• Pinch red pepper flakes
• 2 Tbsp green onions, chopped
1. Chop head of cauliflower into florets and place in food processor. Pulse until it starts to resemble rice; set aside. (If you’re using pre-cut riced cauliflower, you can skip this step).
2. Heat a large wok (or skillet) over medium heat and drizzle in sesame oil. Add onion, peas and carrots and saute until tender, about 2 minutes.
3. Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and red pepper flakes; set aside.
4. Slide veggie mixture to one side of the wok and add in the beaten eggs, scrambling until cooked through and then incorporate with the veggies.
5. Stir in cauliflower “rice” and pour the soy sauce over top, mixing well. Cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes, until cauliflower is soft and tender.
6. Top with green onions, serve and enjoy!