Many people have turned to the Paleo diet in their quest for health and weight loss. The Paleo diet rules out inflammatory foods such as grains, dairy, added sugars and unnatural chemicals.
These Banana Nut Muffins have all the comforting taste of traditional banana bread without all the undesirable ingredients or high carb count. And the individual muffins make portion control a snap!
• 4 very ripe bananas, mashed with a fork
• 4 eggs
• 1/2 cup almond butter
• 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1/2 cup coconut flour
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp nutmeg
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with cups. In a large bowl, add bananas, eggs, almond butter, coconut oil, and vanilla. Using a hand blender, blend to combine.
2. Add in the coconut flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Blend into the wet mixture, scraping down the sides with a spatula. Distribute the batter evenly into the lined muffin tins, filling each about two-thirds of the way full.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm or store in the refrigerator in a resealable bag.