Sometimes there’s nothing like a sweet, crunchy granola to add to your breakfast. I used to just eat mine with Greek yogurt. But when I saw this video on all the different ways you can use granola, I was hooked!
This versatile granola recipe uses oats, maple syrup and coconut oil as its base, but you could easily modify the recipe by adding the nuts, seeds or fruit you enjoy the most.
Because this recipe is made with whole, fresh ingredients, you don’t have to worry about undesirable things such as high fructose corn syrup, chemical enhancers or any other ingredients that can hinder your health.
Watch this video from FabLunch and start experimenting with your granola!
• 1½ cups rolled oats
• ½ cup almonds, chopped
• 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
• ¼ cup maple syrup
• 2 tbsp almond butter
• 2 tsp cinnamon
• 2 tsp vanilla
• ½ tsp salt
• ⅓ cup pumpkin seeds (optional)
• ⅓ cup shredded coconut (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 300F/150C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, combine oats, almonds, pumpkin seeds, coconut, cinnamon and salt.
3. Add coconut oil, maple syrup, almond butter and vanilla. Mix until all of the ingredients are well combined.
4. Evenly spread the mixture onto the baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes, tossing half way.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool completely.
6. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 1-2 weeks or freeze for up to 3 months.