Holy cow! These garlicky cheddar cauliflower biscuits have some real melt-in-your-mouth flavor – but are only 51 calories per serving! WHAT! How cute would these be as appetizers, in a bread basket – or even just a pre-dinner snack?
Any way you like to serve them, these biscuits are sure to be a hit. Check out this video from Cooking Light to see how they’re made…
• 1 cauliflower head, leaves removed
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1/3 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
• 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
• 2 eggs
• 2 egg whites
• 1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• Preheat the oven to 400°F. Steam cauliflower for about 10-12 minutes or until very tender, then transfer to a food processor. Add minced garlic and pulse several times until smooth and creamy.
• Transfer mashed cauliflower into a large mixing bowl. Add in two whole eggs, cheddar cheese, Nonfat Greek yogurt, salt and pepper and mix together.
• In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Then, slowly fold the egg whites into the cauliflower mixture.
• Coat a mini muffin pan with cooking spray of your choice. Then fill the cups to the top with the cauliflower mixture. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
• Remove from the pan, and set on a cooling rack.