Impress all who sit at your table with this incredibly moist and decadent Double Chocolate Banana Cake! Your tongue has never tasted anything quite so chocolatey and sweet.
The best part? The ingredients have been lightened up so much that you won’t feel guilty eating it! The bananas and applesauce add sweetness and moisture without adding fat. And the addition of the chocolate chips makes it so you don’t even need frosting on this cake!
Using just a handful of natural ingredients that you probably already have lining the shelves of your pantry, your beautiful chocolate banana cake is sure to please even the pickiest of palates.
• 3 medium bananas
• 3/4 cup brown sugar
• 1/2 cup applesauce, unsweetened
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 1 large egg
• 1 cup flour, all-purpose
• 1/2 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 1 cup chocolate chips, semisweet
• 1/8 cup miniature chocolate chips, semisweet
1. In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix the bananas and brown sugar until the bananas are mashed and the sugar is dissolved.
2. Add the applesauce, vanilla, and egg. Mix together.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
4. Fold in the semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pour batter into a greased 8×8-inch baking dish. Sprinkle the top with mini chocolate chips.
5. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 35 minutes. Check the center with a toothpick to determine doneness. Best eaten warm.
Source: Super Healthy Kids