Craving pasta, but want to avoid all the carbs & calories? Try “Zoodles”! What are zoodles, you ask? They’re zucchini noodles! You can either make these at home with a vegetable spiralizer or buy pre-made zoodles in some stores.
This creamy pesto sauce made with avocado tastes just divine on top of the zoodles. You’ll never even realize you’re not eating real pasta, and the whole dish is super filling to boot. There’s no bad here!
Recipe/Image Source: Eat Yourself Skinny
Adapted from Eating Well
- 2 large zucchini, spiralized
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
For the Sauce:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Spiralize your zucchini and set aside on paper towels so that any excess water is soaked up.
- In a food processor, add avocados, basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts, lemon juice and sea salt and pulse until finely chopped. Then with the motor still running, add olive oil in a slow stream until emulsified and creamy.
- Drizzle olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat then add zucchini noodles, cooking for about 1 to 2 minutes until tender.
- Add zucchini noodles to a large bowl and toss with avocado pesto. Season with cracked pepper and a little Parmesan, serve and enjoy!