There’s a reason that this Honey Garlic Shrimp Skillet is so popular. Once you see the ingredients & taste the final results you’ll agree!
Everyone I know always falls in love with this recipe. The shrimp come out so sweet and juicy. Don’t be tempted to skip the marinade time! The longer you let the honey and garlic goodness infuse with the shrimp, the more flavorful this dish will be.
You could also substitute cooked shrimp, but be careful not to leave it on the heat too long or they could become chewy. Just enough time to heat through.
As a time saver, you can use the marinating time to prepare any side dishes you want to include. (I recommend rice or broccoli!)
Watch this video from “SkinnyMom.com” for quick and easy step-by-step directions…
• 1 pound medium shrimp, shelled and deveined (30-32 shrimp)
• 2 tablespoons less-sodium soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons honey
• ¼ teaspoon cumin
• 1 tablespoon minced garlic
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
• 1 lime, cut into wedges
• Place the shrimp, soy sauce, honey, cumin, garlic, and lime juice in a large resealable bag. Seal the bag and gently toss the contents together to combine them. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
• Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pour the shrimp and the marinade in the skillet, cooking the shrimp for about 30 seconds, then flipping them to cook an additional 30 seconds on the other side, until pink.
• Remove the shrimp from the skillet and continue to cook the marinade for 2-3 minutes until slightly thickened.
• Pour the thickened sauce over the cooked shrimp and sprinkle the cilantro on top.
• Serve with a fresh lime wedge to squeeze over the shrimp.